WELCOME TO THE CITY OF LAKES TOURNAMENT
After an exciting return in 2023 , we are incredibly excited to be welcoming everyone back for the City of Lakes Tournament. Please review the tournament information below and share with all tournament participants. This page will be updated regularity, so please check back often.
During the tournament contact cell numbers for Tournament organizers will be posted on this website. Coaches and managers should not hesitate to reach out with a question or concern from 8am to 9pm daily. Volunteers will also be clearly identified at the rink and are available to answer questions about the tournament as well as the local area.
Registration for skills must be done by Monday, January 15th. A link will be posted shortly.
- All teams must sign-in to the designated tournament control desk no later than 30 minutes prior to their game to verify and sign game sheets. RBC Centre : 2nd floor, CHP 1st floor in rink lobby .
- Players should be ready to play 10 minutes before scheduled game times.
- The schedule is posted on the website under the “schedule” tab - Not Updated for 2024
- Upon initial sign-in, a team representative must sign a copy of the tournament rules. Player of the game item will be collected at this time; recipient will be determined by team Coach at end of each game.
- Time and scorekeepers will be provided by the tournament. If you have a team member who would like to volunteer please email Dorothy Hart at email@example.com.
- The Home team is required to provide a shot clock operator (U12 and above). Shot clock operators and minor officials will be provided by the tournament for all gold medal games.
- We encourage team captains and assistants to greet opposing team's bench staff at the commencement of every game. For younger divisions without these designations, please appoint three athletes for this task. We are also asking teams to take a group photo together with their opponent at the end of every game. Please forward to shimmerky@ hotmail.com via email and include names of both teams. These will be posted on social media .
- Under provision 5. c) of the tournament rules, a “cancellation” of transportation will automatically be declared if Halifax Transit suspends public transportation due to weather conditions, in which case the game result will be recorded as a posted score of 3-3. All other circumstances under provision 5 of the tournament rules shall be approved or denied at the discretion of the tournament chair.
- Treatment of Referees, Minor Officials and Volunteers: The Harbour City Lakers values the contribution of referees, minor officials and volunteers to our sport. Participants need to be aware there will be a zero-tolerance policy for any abuse, harassment, or other maltreatment of any individual. This will be strictly upheld throughout the tournament. Teams need to convey this expectation to all team members, including athletes and spectators. Rink monitoring will be in effect for the duration of the tournament.
- Masking is not required in the rink; however, the Harbour City Lakers supports participants and spectators who chose to wear masks to this event. We strongly encourage the wearing of masks if you are feeling unwell or recovering from a respiratory illness. There will be a comfort station in the control room with Covid Tests, masks and other emergency items for teams.
- City of the Lakes is proud to be a True Sport Tournament. For more information please visit: https://truesportpur.ca.
- We are pleased to host a skills competition. One Player will be chosen by the coach to compete in each of the following. Only one form can be completed by each team and includes each of the following categories: 1-Forward Skating 2-Backward Skating 3-Shooting 4-Goalie skills
- PMG Spirit wear is the exclusive provider of CoLT Apparel and will be located on the second floor of RBC Centre for the beginning 10am on Friday and will work 9-9 Saturday and 9-4 Sunday. Non HCL team bulk orders can be collected at this location.
- CoLT tattoos are available for each team. These can be collected at the RBC Centre in the control room. U7/U9 athletes will also receive helmet stickers.
- We are pleased to offer onsite photography. RBC Centre will feature Eddie Schwarz of Eddie Schwarz Photography https://eddie-schwarz.com/. He will be located on the second floor and will take all appointments in person. **Any questions pre- tournament please contact them directly via their websites.
- RBC will have onsite games, daily 50/50 will be sold in the rinks and an overall tournament 50/50 will be sold in each lobby. There will also be a raffle for Rise Ringette Camp. Cash is required for bake sales, ticket purchases and games.
- Finally, please remember tournaments are run by a dedicated group of individuals who have poured heart and soul into this event. Sometimes things don't always occur according to plan. If you have an issue or concern or a suggestion on how we can make something better please let us know and help us be solution driven. Our goal is for every team to leave the CoLT excited to return in 2025.
We are looking forward to coming together to celebrate this incredible sport!
Karen Hicks, President
on behalf of
The City of Lakes Tournament Committee